Hazardous floor cleaning chemical exposure causes death of Massachusetts Buffalo Wild Wing’s staff member
Date: 15-12-2019

One staff member is dead and 10 others hospitalized after the incorrect mixture of cleaning chemicals at Buffalo Wild Wings. Authorities say a chemical reaction occurred in the kitchen area of a Buffalo Wild Wings franchise in Burlington, Massachusetts, reports, WCVB-TV. One of the employees then attempted to transfer the chemical, sodium hypochlorite, outside of the building.

This exposure to the chemical caused the employee to be rushed to the hospital, where he later died. All workers and customers were evacuated from the sports bar following the incident. It’s reported that 10 of these individuals checked themselves into a hospital after experiencing eye irritation and difficulty breathing. The Interim Burlington Fire Chief says the chemical that caused the issue is commonly used for floor cleaning and that a type of reaction led to the incident.